...to the home of the Bothwell International Highland SpinIN & Fibre Festival (BIHSIFF). The biennial SpinIN is a celebration of creativity, experimentation and friendship, centered around wool and other natural fibres. Bothwell is a historic town located in the Southern Highlands of Tasmania with a rich agricultural past; renowned for the fine fleece grown in the area. We invite you to explore these pages to learn about and become part of a quite unique experience!
The winning entry of the 2017 SpinIN 'Fashions for the Highlands' Design Competition created by Western Australia's Nui Milton of Casalana Fine Wool Farm.
The garment is unique, a work of art. It skilfully joins recycled fabrics and wool from Nui's own farm into this ephemeral creation. Hand craft is evident throughout and the competition brief was clearly answered.
It was a tough decision for the judges and it was these very qualities that moved them to chose this design to set a precedent, direction and a standard to aspire to in future competitions.
Model: Laska Dry | Location: Ratho Farm | Photo: Stephen French
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Tips on navigating this website:
- You can change the font size using your browser's zoom tool.
- Text which changes colour when rolled over contains a link to take you to another page. These links usually open in a new tab.
- Buttons placed in strategic places contain links to pdf documents and other pages. Some will take you to another domain, where the files are stored. This is no cause for concern.
- Follow the arrows at the bottom of each page and you will be taken through the site as if reading a book.
- You can skip to the page you need using the menu across the top.
- A click on the SpinIN logo will take you back to the Welcome page.
- In the Register, you can sort items by categories to make it easier to find what you need.
Should you require help with this website, wish to leave feedback or spot a typing error, we would appreciate you sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org